Store Code: Arch Data-Domain Architecture (2761012)
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit https://www.retailbusinessservices.com.
*This position is eligible for our Accelerator Sign On Incentive Program
Eligible newly hired associates who applied to RBS employment between January 1, 2022 and March 31st 2022 will receive a $20,000 Accelerator Sign On Incentive payment, subject to the following conditions:
- the Accelerator Sign on incentive payment will be made, less taxes and applicable withholdings, following 30 days of active employment with RBS
- the associate must execute an agreement to repay the Accelerator Sign on Incentive payment in full if the associate does not remain employed by RBS for at least one full year. Current contractors, RBS associates, employees of affiliated companies or brands, and candidates presented by 3rd Party Search Firms are not eligible or the Sign-On Accelerator Incentive payment.
What We Offer
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Substantial annual bonus targets
- Competitive benefits include a 401k match, HSA options, and education assistance
- Collaborative teams in an inclusive environment
- Opportunities for growth and to make an impact
We are looking for a business-savvy technology expert, truth-teller and strategic thinker to join our IT Architecture team. You will own all aspects of cloud and on-premises infrastructure supporting our large and rapidly growing Omnichannel grocery platforms and systems. The hybrid scope of this role includes our rapidly expanding cloud compute, storage, network and other services as well as an existing substantial on-premises infrastructure. In our continuing partnership with Peapod Digital Labs, your leadership will be crucial to our success in growing and maturing an eCommerce portfolio supporting billions of dollars of revenue.
A Day in the Life
- Establish strategic guidance, standards, best practices and reference models
- Role model and champion modern ways-of-working such as Agile, DevOps and design thinking
- Challenge the status quo and drive change to improve business agility and performance
- Engage as a subject matter expert or troubleshooter when transformation opportunities, design conflicts or high severity problems arise
- Work with internal customers to understand and deliver brand priorities and needs
- Build relationships with vendors and partners, leading and participating in product and proposal evaluations, recommendations and architecture oversight
- Stay up-to-date on domain and industry news, innovations and practices
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent job experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience and leadership (including at least 3 years as an Architect) in related aspects of infrastructure engineering across both cloud and on-premises environments, preferably in a senior level role.
- Exceptional verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interacting, partnering and influencing at all levels of an organization
- Able to manage own work time and priorities under aggressive timelines and budgets
- Fluent in English (in word and in writing)
Required Domain Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience with the challenges and practices of infrastructure supporting large-scale eCommerce deployments
- Detailed understanding and experience in architectural design for the following:
- Cloud Services preferably Azure – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Webapps, Databases, Network, NSG, ASG, Load balancers, WAF, Security, IAM, governance and monitoring
- Compute – Server hardware, Blade chassis, Virtualization, HCI, Containers, kubernetes, RedHat, AIX and Windows
- Storage – HP, DellEMC, IBM, NetApp, Cloud Storage
- HA/DR – On-prem and Cloud HA, DR and active-active planning skills
- Must be highly knowledgeable in IP Networking, VPN, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Firewalls and other security network appliances
- Broad understanding of datacenter design, hosting infrastructure, Databases, Middleware, integration platforms, job schedulers, backup, replication, security and compliance
- Broad understanding and experience on IaC and DevOps pipeline tools that enable the automation journey and deployments.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge on SSO security including OAuth, Open ID and SAML 2.0.
- Demonstrated ability to translate conceptual and strategic thinking into practical solutions
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Led Cloud design, planning, roadmap and migrations
- Advanced Cloud Solution Architecture certifications or experience (especially Azure)
- Hybrid cloud on/off premise networking and integration experience
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
- Experience working in IT in the Retail industry
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at [email protected]>
Job Requisition: 12888_external_USA-MA-QuincyApply Now