Store Code: Solutions Dev - Engage Retail (2761212)
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit https://www.retailbusinessservices.com.
For this position, we’re looking for someone with a strong desire and ability to envision DevOps solutions in new and creative ways that will help define the vision of the Grocery Store of the Future. As a DevOps architect, you will be responsible for overall deployment strategy for Point-of-sale team. The candidate will be mainly responsible for assessment, support and implementation of IT architecture and create an automated delivery pipeline in building software.
In IT @ RBS we develop technology so customers can Eat well, Save time, and Live Better in a supportive environment where leaders know their team’s strengths and passions while elevating their associates through collaboration and engaging team environments.
*This position is eligible for our Accelerator Sign On Incentive Program
Eligible newly hired associates who applied to RBS employment between January 1, 2022 and March 31st 2022 will receive a $20,000 Accelerator Sign On Incentive payment, subject to the following conditions:
- the Accelerator Sign on incentive payment will be made, less taxes and applicable withholdings, following 30 days of active employment with RBS
- the associate must execute an agreement to repay the Accelerator Sign on Incentive payment in full if the associate does not remain employed by RBS for at least one full year. Current contractors, RBS associates, employees of affiliated companies or brands, and candidates presented by 3rd Party Search Firms are not eligible or the Sign-On Accelerator Incentive payment.
What We Offer:
• Collaborative teams in an inclusive environment
• Flexible work arrangements
• Generous vacation and holidays
• Competitive benefits including a 401k match, HSA options, and education assistance
• A strong opportunity to make an impact and define the future
At RBS, we develop technology so customers can eat well, save time, and live better in a supportive environment where leaders know their team’s strengths and passions while elevating their associates through collaboration and engaging team environments.
• Provide solutions to implement continuous integration and continuous delivery for enterprise applications
• Evaluate, implement and streamline DevOps practices
• Measure performance and environment of application with system source control tools
• Builds, tests, and implement monitoring capabilities leveraging cloud native, open source and/or commercial monitoring tools
• Build custom scripts to support the continuous integration and deployment process
• Lead and participate in the process of release management
• Work with other solution architects, managers, and senior developers to plan technical solutions that can efficiently support Front End Operations.
• 7+ years’ experience working in a software engineering role
• At least 3 years’ experience immersed in DevOps way of working
• Knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in hybrid cloud environments
• Experience working with microservices architecture design pattern
• Practical experience with Docker Containerization and clustering (Kubernetes)
• Experience with queue-based messaging systems like Kafka, Pub/Sub, Service bus
• Experience with AKS, EKS and/or GKE
• Strong grasp on Design choices such as storage types and node specs
• Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps Pipelines)
• Operational SQL and NoSQL experience
• Experience with infrastructure as a code (Terraform, Azure ARM)
• Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, Prometheus
• Strong experience in version control tools set up and administration like Github, Azure Devops , Bitbucket
• Knowledge of configuration management practices in Linux, Unix, and windows
• Experience in an Agile development team
• Retail Technology Experience preferred
• Point of sale experience preferred
• Experience Microsoft Azure, is a plus
• Experience with Linux is a plus
• Knowledge of networking including network interface configuration, protocols, SSL/TLS certificates, web servers (Apache, Nginx)
If you’re a dynamic technology professional who wants to be part of a growing technology innovation team that strengthens thousands of retail stores with creative technology solutions, then we want to meet you!
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at [email protected]>
Job Requisition: 217215_external_USA-MA-QuincyApply Now