Store Code: Asset Protection (2764226)
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit https://www.retailbusinessservices.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to partner, lead and manage a Central Station/Physical Security Operations Center driving operational execution and enhancements to ensure effectiveness and a positive customer experience. This individual is also responsible for leading a team of operators providing professional and accurate responses (verbal and written) to various constituencies, often during crisis situations. This role acts as a primary liaison to internal and external customers, including business leaders, brand partners and external agencies.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and supervises all Central Station operations to ensure state-of-the-art delivery of the following activities/capabilities: security and life safety system monitoring and response, intelligence gathering and analysis, emergency communications, reporting and emergency response in a center that operates 24/7.
- Administer relevant systems, ensuring data and operational equipment issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Manages daily operations of team in alignment with enterprise and functional goals by overseeing, monitoring, and guiding the daily job performance of Central Station personnel, including the routine scheduling of shifts and ramping up/down of staff in direct response to fluctuating threat levels/indicators.
- Organizes, manages, and continually improves upon training/continuing education, job role/responsibility oversight, and performance measurements that will drive a high performing team and maximize the performance of central station personnel in the delivery of Asset Protection services.
- Uses all available technical resources to ensure the safety and security of company locations and people by collaborating with internal IT teams and external vendors whose services and technologies must seamlessly integrate into the central station operations.
- Partner and build robust relationships with internal business areas to ensure the Central Station meets the evolving needs of the business. Develops and performs analysis, planning, performance measures (i.e. Key Progress Indicators – KPIs) and provides direction in order to ensure that the Central Station is delivering maximum value to all internal customers.
- Gathers and analyzes information from various sources to assess risk to the enterprise, assess and identify when a crisis situation requires communication to business partners and executive leadership
- Additional job duties may be assigned as needed to meet the needs of the business and support our Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years relevant experience
- Management experience, preferably in a fast-paced security-related or operations center-related field that is centered on the use of technology.
- LPF or LPQ
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical writing skills to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively with a proven ability to provide high quality written and verbal briefings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with internal and external customers in a manner that results in desirable outcomes and strong working relationships.
- Ability to lead and positively influence others for high-performance output.
- Ability to set priorities in a high-paced environment, handle multiple and competing priorities, take initiative, and exercise sound judgement while handling incidents
- Proficient and comfortable with Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understand the technical aspects of video surveillance, intrusion alarms, fire alarms, access control systems, and communication systems
- Ability to analyze problems, identify causes, and implement results-oriented solutions.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at [email protected]>
Job Requisition: 252094_external_USA-MD-Columbia_672022Apply Now