Store Code: Asset Protection (2762229)
Retail Business Services, ranked No. 25 on Fast Company’s 2022 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, which includes Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the Corporate Asset Protection function for all US Support Offices and Supply Chain. Direct team in the design, implementation and management of physical security processes and equipment to ensure facilities are considered a safe and secure environment for all associates and external parties. Direct staff to ensure policies and procedures are monitored. Manage and conduct investigations into suspected or actual losses.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support, leadership, and guidance to the Supply Chain AP Specialists and Facility Asset Protection Administrators. Provides development and growth opportunities for staff.
• Implements and evaluates current and future Asset Protection strategies at Support Offices and Distribution Centers for optimum efficiency and effectiveness in the areas of shrink and physical security.
• Continuously analyze process and procedure, submit recommendations to management and implement changes.
• Produce reporting and metrics on AP operations for awareness and continuous improvement.
• Directs investigations into suspected theft and other company violations. Provides direction on investigations into dishonesty, conducts interviews of involved individuals and makes decisions on prosecution of apprehended individuals.
• Document, collect and maintain investigative files and evidence.
• Regularly visits the various facilities and maintains relationships with facility management. Conducts ongoing formal and informal physical security risk assessments at all facilities to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with Company Policies. Determines and executes appropriate actions to minimize risk.
• Maintains account level relationships with third party security providers and participates in vendor selection and contract negotiation processes.
• Partners with Quality Assurance to ensure adherence to Food Defense, FSMA, GFSI and SQF requirements.
• On-call 24/7 for emergency issues.
• Collaborates with internal Business Units such as Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Legal, Internal Audit and Information Security to establish and implement appropriate standards and controls associated with the supply chain processes. Acts as a Company liaison with Federal, State and Local law enforcement and emergency management officials.
• Partners with the Brand Asset Protection and Operations to ensure shrink related concerns are addressed.
• Prepares, manages and is responsible for the annual Asset Protection budget for area of responsibility.
• Partner, network and benchmark with industry professionals to learn best practices, source new solutions.
• Identify new solutions and prepare formal proposals and recommendations.
• Ensures all existing programs are updated and current.
• This position is responsible for protecting sensitive customer, associate and company information by: maintaining an understanding of company information security practices and controls; adhering to information security policies; ensuring the proper use of sensitive information; ensuring that vendors for whom the incumbent is responsible adhere to company policies; and reporting policy violations or information security breaches.
• Bachelors Degree
• Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and/or Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) certification preferred
• 5-7 Years of Asset Protection/Physical Security experience preferably within Supply Chain
• Demonstrated ability to manage geographically diverse direct reports
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong computer abilities in order to access various security systems and reports.
• Experience in use of business intelligence tools (PowerBi, Tableau) a plus
• Ability to walk through the facility on an ongoing basis, accessing all areas of the building to include basement, roofs and mechanical rooms.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and direction to complete all required tasks.
Retail Business Services currently provides services to five omnichannel grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provide industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued.
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. As important as what we do is how we do it. Our team embodies our values of Courage, Care, Teamwork, Integrity and Humor in everything that they do. We have a culture of care that values and celebrates the qualities and perspectives that make us all unique.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at [email protected].
For more information, visit https://www.retailbusinessservices.com.
Job Requisition: 331611_external_USA-MA-Quincy_812023Apply Now