Store Code: RX Compliance and Reg Affairs (2760915)
Retail Business Services, ranked No. 25 on Fast Company’s 2022 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, which includes Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop.
The Pharmacy Compliance Manager supports regulatory compliance and patient safety efforts in the provision of pharmacy services, including but not limited to: monitoring and anticipation of legislative and regulatory activity at the State and Federal level, drafting new or updating current policies, procedures, training programs, and other standards in response to legislative activity. Maintains and oversees the pharmacy patient safety incident reporting and continuous quality improvement program. Serves as a primary point of contact and professional resource for pharmacists and pharmacy operations leaders in regard to pharmacy specific legal or practice related questions. Develops internal auditing and other oversight recommendations for Brand pharmacy management to oversee, measure, and maintain compliance with all regulations and regulators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages activities that support organizational compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
- Supports the Director of Pharmacy Compliance and Regulatory affairs with monitoring and communicating state and federal regulatory activity that impacts the practice of pharmacy through weekly interaction with NACDS, FMI and other organizations, as assigned.
- Collaborates with partner Patient Safety Organization (PSO) in the collection and analysis of patient safety data, including oversight of a Pharmacy Patient Safety Event Reporting Tool.
- Reviews escalated patient safety trends to identify potential mitigation strategies.
- Serves as a first line resource for pharmacy specific HIPAA compliance topics and provides guidance and recommendations at the direction of the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Assists Legal, Asset Protection, Risk Management and Pharmacy Operations teams to answer professional pharmacy practice questions with investigations or regulatory inspections.
- Develops and communicates best practices to promote compliance with all aspects of the practice of pharmacy.
- Develops mandated compliance training curriculums such as annual Combat Methamphetamine, Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) and HIPAA training.
- Reviews and consults Pharmacy operations teams with outbound regulatory communications.
- Serves as professional practice resource for pharmacists and pharmacy operations leads.
- Research pharmacy laws and regulations to solve practice questions and concerns in real-time, as necessary.
- Manages vendor relationships to maintain vendor service levels and facilitate feedback from pharmacy operations teams.
- Minimum Education: bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or PharmD degree.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- 5 – 7 years retail pharmacy practice or operations management experience.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with multiple levels within the organization.
- Commitment to customer service and working as a partner with peers.
- Ability to problem solve and make timely decisions.
- Detailed- orientated
- Sense of urgency
- Time management skills
- Ability to conduct research to give fact-based responses.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPPA
Retail Business Services currently provides services to five omnichannel grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provide industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued.
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. As important as what we do is how we do it. Our team embodies our values of Courage, Care, Teamwork, Integrity and Humor in everything that they do. We have a culture of care that values and celebrates the qualities and perspectives that make us all unique.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at [email protected].
For more information, visit https://www.retailbusinessservices.com.
Job Requisition: 348963_external_USA-NC-Salisbury_10252023Apply Now